Mar 29, 2011
Author: Kara Rennie, Photos: Kara Rennie
What can I say about the US Open ... Well other than last year, this event usually gets hit with the worst weather. This year takes the cake. The event started off with freezing rain, to icy slopes and a snow storm followed by pouring rain. I'm definatly not hating on Vermont because the place is beautiful but geez. Either way, everybody who rode killed it and I'm impressed with those who made it to the finals as the conditions were sketchy.
My best friend Jordie Karlinski was an invited rider, and 1 of 6 to make it to the slopestyle finals. She competed alongside Kjersti, Spencer, Jamie, Silje and Enni. While I was quite happy with being a spectator for that contest, I did go to the start gate for moral support, making my clothes soaking wet within 30 minutes. Still a fun week!
Silje Norendal FS Rodeo 7
I'm Jordies #1 Fan
Kjersti Buaas Indy
Tuesday, 29 March 2011
Tuesday, 22 March 2011
Mar 22, 2011
Author: Ilissa Maiatico
Ontario’s own Kara Rennie is best known for traveling the globe with her snowboard. Spending the past several seasons based in Colorado and Utah, she’s making a name for herself south of the border. When Kara’s not competing at events such as the Dew Tour or US Open, you can spot her driving across the states with her Ontario license plates. She'll be the one singing along to the likes of Taylor Swift, Avril Lavigne and her all-time favourite Rihanna. Kara's also one of the nicest shredders you’ll ever meet, so here’s her High 5ives.
Sights to see in Utah:
1. Cobra Dogs wiener stand at the bottom of the park at Park City Mountain Resort
2. Yogurt Stop on Parleys Way in SLC. Such good fro yo with so many toppings!
3. Brighton on a pow day. So fun. I have yet to visit Snowbird or Powder Mountain though but I hear they're even better.
4. Willies in SLC on Wednesday nights with Dj Matty Mo
5. Salt Flats and the Salt Lake are neat
Perks to being on the Nikita team:
1. Most of my best friends I met because of Nikita
2. Sick clothes twice a year
3. I have a place to stay if I ever go to Iceland
4. Photo shoots
5. Bathing suits
Why you first started snowboarding:
4. My older brother made me
5. I had to give the little brother my skis
Favourite Rihanna songs:
2. Umbrella ft. Jay Z
3. Hatin' On The Club
4. Run This Town ft. Jay Z
5. All Of The Lights (Kanye West ft Rihanna)
Five friends you’d take on the snowboard trip of a lifetime:
1. Jordie Karlinski because I've already gone on big trips with her and she’s one of my best friends. It would be easy. We would go to Chile or Argentina maybe, somewhere we haven’t been before.
2. Sage Kotsenburg: he’s like a brother to me, and this kid has the best personality of anyone I know. I would never get bored. We’d probably go to some sort of summer shred/surf spot.
3. Guillaume Morissette: I love him and he's so funny. I'd go anywhere they speak French.
4. Rob Dyrdek: my dream man. I want to go to the Fantasy Factory.
5. Rihanna: I want to meet that babe but I'd go somewhere tropical with her. She probably doesn’t know how to snowboard.
Kara Rennie self-portrait.
Sending it at Snowbasin during the 2011 Dew Tour. Maiatico photo.
Thursday, 17 March 2011
|RIDING PARK CITY WITH KARA RENNIE + 10 REASONS TO VISIT|