Tuesday 29 March 2011

SBC article: US Open


Jordie Karlinski & Kara Rennie's US Open report

Mar 29, 2011

Author: Kara Rennie, Photos: Kara Rennie

What can I say about the US Open ... Well other than last year, this event usually gets hit with the worst weather. This year takes the cake. The event started off with freezing rain, to icy slopes and a snow storm followed by pouring rain. I'm definatly not hating on Vermont because the place is beautiful but geez. Either way, everybody who rode killed it and I'm impressed with those who made it to the finals as the conditions were sketchy.

My best friend Jordie Karlinski was an invited rider, and 1 of 6 to make it to the slopestyle finals. She competed alongside Kjersti, Spencer, Jamie, Silje and Enni. While I was quite happy with being a spectator for that contest, I did go to the start gate for moral support, making my clothes soaking wet within 30 minutes. Still a fun week! 



Silje Norendal FS Rodeo 7


I'm Jordies #1 Fan


Soggy Finals


Kjersti Buaas Indy

No comments:

Post a Comment