Tuesday 15 February 2011

SBC article: Colorado


Catching Up With Kara Rennie Part 1: Colorado

Feb 15, 2011

Author: Kara Rennie

I was given a chance to spend the week in Breckenridge and I figure what better time to go, with SIA and X Games going on? I grabbed a ride from a friend, leaving my car in Park City, and therefore making it very difficult to get around anywhere further then the town of Breckenridge. I did however make it to the Winter Park Burton Am, where myself and 11 other girls rode our best for a chance to take home some bills and bump up our TTR points.
Kara Rennie in Colorado
Winter Park Village after a long day.
The course was really fun, three jumps and two rails. It was my first time at Winter Park—I always get excited riding new resorts. Congrats to the girls who made the podium! Heal quick Stephy—a broken collarbone from a backside rodeo, but still in good spirits.

Winter Park Burton Am Slope results:
1. Heather Baroody
2. Haille Soderholm
3. Michelle Zeller
4. Ariel Friedman
5. Kara Rennie
6. Stephanie Feld

The whole week was bluebird, I had a great time riding with my friends, and doing some power laps alone. A couple days I spent riding with Silje Norendal, a 17 years-old girl from Norway, who inspired me to try new things and sew my pants. Thanks for that.
Kara Rennie in Colorado
Lauren and Alexa at X Games.
By Sunday it was time to get back to PC, my friend Lauren picked me up and we stopped in Aspen for a quick minute to check out the last day of X Games. Alexa met us and we had a great two hours or so hanging out at the Oakley truck and watching men's slope finals.
Kara Rennie in Colorado
Lauren and I hanging out at Oakley.
Super stoked for the boys who made podium, Seb Toots, Mark McMorris, and Tyler Flanegan (child-prodigy podium right there). Also congrats to my good friend Sage Kotsenburg for taking 3rd in Big Air a couple nights before. It's amazing what the not so little, little guys can do these days.
Kara Rennie in Colorado
X Games slope, pipe and big air.

No comments:

Post a Comment