Monday 5 March 2012

Whistler Visit

I was thinking that because I needed to get out of the States, I would go back to my old hometown of Whistler, BC. It’s been about five years since I got to ride those mountains in the winter so it was time to visit. I honestly couldn't remember what to expect since it had been so long. According to my friends who still live there I came at the best time. Whistler just got dumped on finally so my first day of riding was a pow day. The leg pain was a nice reminder of how it feels to ride a real mountain. The second day was blue bird, so I got to ride park with my brothers and experience the best of both worlds on both Whistler and Blackcomb. It was really good to see all my old friends, I'm glad I finally got a chance to go back there. -Kara Rennie -Photos by Blake Payne


Myself at the top of Whistler


Mark, Brian and Derek Peak to Creek


Fresh snow overnight at Creekside gondola


Slash through the trees


Tire bonk on Blackcomb

No comments:

Post a Comment